Thursday, October 4, 2012

Making a difference - Kiva

This has nothing to do with makeup, but I thought I'd include it here because it's something that I did recently that made me feel better about myself...

I joined the Kiva community in February earlier this year and made a small loan to help out a lady in Peru with her general store. I can't begin to tell you the satisfaction I get every time a repayment is made by my borrower. It's not that I care if I will get the money back (I think of it as a donation anyways), but the fact that she is able to repay means that she is doing good, and in some ways, indicates that her quality of life is getting better. I believed I helped someone and it makes me feel happy. For me, this is a better way to 'make' a donation, because it's great to be able to see the faces of people you help out and also, when they make the repayment you are able to re-lend that money out and help someone else.

If are interested you can use my reference below because this way you'd get a $25 free trial. There is more information about this on the website if you would like more about the organization, or the way the loan works~ 

I encourage you to check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

un message pour moi? :)