Monday, January 28, 2013

Week 2: Eyes painted

The first week I took up this challenge I did a lippies post, and for week 2 I chose shadows. As shown in my makeup storage and collection post (here), I have a lot of eyeshadow palettes, so I will be doing more posts in the following weeks of eyeshadows. Here are the eyeshadow palettes I've used in the past week. 
For reasons I cannot really explain, this picture makes me very happy :) I love eyeshadows
Monday: Smashbox Eye Shadow Trio (Vanilla, Champagne, Brazilian Bronze.)
  • This was part of a Sephora VIB 500-points perk a while back. I love carrying this in my makeup bag until the darkest brown (Brazilian Bronze) popped out of the pan... So sad~~ Anyways, this is a lovely trio with great pigmentation, easy to apply and the colours were perfectly put together, definitely a fave for this eyeshadow addict. The fact that it was free, is pure awesome :)
Tuesday: Maybelline Expert Wear Eyeshadow in Designer Chocolates
  • This is my favourite drugstore palette/quad ever! I would choose this over some of my high-end palettes. The cranberry/purple/red shade is one of my favourite colour. I bring this palette to work on days I'm too lazy to put makeup at home and eventually work these colours onto my lids over the day. Quick and simple, portable and beautiful! This palette is proof that you don't have to spend a fortune for great colour payoff and lovely quality. Picked this up at the L'Oreal warehouse sale a while back, best $3 spent :)
at night: Lancome Color Design eye palette (Filigree, Tropique Glow, Island Kiss, Simmering and Lézard)
  • I changed my look for our Tuesday meet, kept it simple and neutral~~ Started the week off lazy with pretty fool proof colours :) This shadow palette reminds me of the Naked 1 palette, but with some pinks. Lovely palette I got from a Lancome gift set that was on sale at DFCC. Lovely steal :)

Wednesday: Clinique Colour Surge Eye Shadow (Pink lollipop, Sugarplum duo, Crystal berry and Come Heather trio)
  • This eyeshadow palette started my collection. This palette is perfect for more playful and awake look. I love the purples in this palette (especially now that I'm back in my purple phase.)

Thursday: Smashbox - Heartbreaker Eyeshadow palette in Hot Date
  • Of all the palettes I used this week, this has to be my least favourite palette. The shadows are too soft and therefore hard to apply evenly, another fault was the amount of fallouts, it was particularly disappointing considering how much I enjoyed my free Smashbox trio~ Another reason this was kind of a derp buy for me is because the teal colour was not very flattering on me if it decides to show up at all~ I couldn't wait to go home to take these shadows off~

Friday: Urban Decay Naked 1 palette - (Virgin, Naked, Buck, Darkhorse and Half Baked)
  • I LOVE THIS PALETTE. I lusted it from the first day I set eyes on it, and it is still one of my most reached for palettes. My only issue with this is that on a weekend trip to my in laws, this is just too big a palette to carry around (I'm also paranoid that I might break one of the shadows if I move it around too much.) In any case, I had a lot of time Friday morning so I played with a few of my favourite shadows from this palette and created another daytime smokey look~ Darkhorse is such a gorgeous dark brown~~ *drools* I will stop here because I'm sure most people have heard enough about this specific palette. :)
Sorry that this post was a little late on being posted, the swatching actually took a long time to do and then the cropping and uploading... I have a new level of appreciation for bloggers who consistently do so many swatches on their blogs! Very time consuming!

Anyways, I was thinking that I will do blushes for week 3, what do you think?? Yay or nay??? It better be yay! JK :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

un message pour moi? :)